Care and Cost
Blog Address: http://blogs.medscape.com/careandcost
April 7, 2013

When Employers Get Serious About Managing Health Care Risk

Last week I visited with Gary Rost, an unassumingly knowledgeable man and the Executive Director of the Savannah Business Group (SBG), arguably one of the most effective health care coalitions in the country. Their offices are only a couple hours away from my home on the Northeast Florida coast, so it was a quick trip up.

SBG was founded in 1982 as a way of mobilizing employer buying power for better care at lower cost. Its reach now extends beyond Savannah about an hour south, north into South Carolina...

Posted By: Brian Klepper  

March 24, 2013

Why Only Business Can Save America From Health Care

For a large and growing number of us with meager or no coverage, health care is the ultimate "gotcha." Events conspire, we receive care and then are on the hook for...

March 18, 2013

February 15, 2013

A Broader Approach To Managing Health Care Risk

Health care's purchasers crave certainty. But complexity - and therefore uncertainty - rules. Assurances are hard to come by.

February 1, 2013

January 7, 2013

Them, Not Us

"How many businesses do you know that want to cut their revenue in half? That's why the healthcare system won't change the healthcare system."

December 27, 2012

An Archipelago of Health Information Islands

My wife Elaine was hospitalized for 6 days recently with an array of ailments related to her advancing cancer, so diagnosing ...

December 11, 2012

December 6, 2012

Following the Money

On The Health Care Blog, veteran analyst Vince Kuraitis reviews

November 21, 2012

How Primary Care Became the Job Nobody Wanted (And How To Fix It)

This link to Slideserve - its also below - shows my plenary presentation on CMS' relationship with the AMA's Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC), and how/why it has undermined American primary care. I delivered th...

About This Blog

Americaís health care cost crisis is dragging the larger economy over a cliff. What policy- and market-based solutions can deliver better care at lower cost?

Disclosure: Brian Klepper, PhD, has disclosed no relevant financial relationships.

• Brian Klepper

Brian Klepper, PhD, is a health care analyst, the CEO of the National Business Coalition on Health, and Chief Development Officer of WeCare TLC, a worksite clinic and medical management firm based in Orlando.

Related Sites

All material on this website is protected by copyright, Copyright © 1994-2014 by WebMD LLC. This website also contains material copyrighted by 3rd parties.