Email This
Please enter a Recipient Address and/or check the Send me a copy checkbox.
Your email has been sent.
Your Name: 

Copy me on this email ()

Recipient's Email: 
Separate multiple email addresses with commas (Limit is 10).
Subject: 
Optional Message: 
The Differential

Be Heard on The Differential

Rick Pescatore, DO, Emergency Medicine, 03:53PM Nov 15, 2013

I consider it a heck of a privilege to be able to write for The Differential. Once a week I sit back in my chair late at night, a glass sweating on top of a coaster at the side of my computer, the monitor's pale glow the only light in a darkened house. A tired Jack Russell snores at my feet and I stifle yawns and the call of sleep as I type my tales. I and the other bloggers here have been given a unique opportunity -- the chance for our words to be read by thousands of medical students and health professionals from all over the globe. 

I enjoy reading the entries of the other members of the blog. Sara provides a perspective that few of us would ever know otherwise. Bryce's prose turns our routines into adventures, Casey makes us reflect upon the universe around us. Alexa and Amanda pose questions that garner responses from every corner of the world. 

But we're not here for ourselves, we're here for you. The Differential stands as a wonderful meeting point for medical students and our compatriots, and unites like-minded individuals across oceans, mountains, and continents. Here we have a voice that can be heard by many.

So let us help you to change the world. Medical students the world over spend so much of their time bringing attention to their noble causes -- clubs hold bake sales and car washes, activists campaign through the halls for their wonderful purpose. From the Philippines to Appalachia, short white coats are setting out to make a difference. Here is a place to let the world know what you're doing.

Post below, tell us about the great work you're doing. Let the thousands of students who click to The Differential each day know about your cause, and entreat us all to help you in your goals. We'll start it off with a small donation from the bloggers of The Differential for one of the worthy causes!

About This Blog

Medical school and residency can be a stressful, demanding time. These medical students share their insights and experiences, good and bad, in order to create a community of support and understanding for medical students everywhere.

Contact the Webmaster
Poll: Is cynicism a problem in medicine? Yes.|No.|I'm not sure.|

• Amanda Xi

Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester, Michigan

• Alexa Mieses

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York

• Casey Sharpe

University of Texas Medical Branch at Austin, Texas

• Carl Streed Jr

Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland

• Matt Wiepking

University College Cork, Cork, Ireland

• Rick Pescatore

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine

• Sara Teichholtz

Medical School for International Health, Be'er Sheva, Israel

Olaseni Ajibade

Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, Georgia

Bryce Krishna Cragg

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas

Zoyah Thawer

McMaster University School of Medicine, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Abraar Karan

David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California

Annie Chiu

Albany Medical College, Albany, New York

Felix Lee

University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky

All material on this website is protected by copyright, Copyright © 1994-2014 by WebMD LLC. This website also contains material copyrighted by 3rd parties.