Email This
Please enter a Recipient Address and/or check the Send me a copy checkbox.
Your email has been sent.
Your Name: 

Copy me on this email ()

Recipient's Email: 
Separate multiple email addresses with commas (Limit is 10).
Subject: 
Optional Message: 
From the Editor: Medscape Nurses

Any Time to RELAX this Summer?

Susan Yox, Nurse, Family Medicine, 11:52AM Jul 1, 2013

Do you have time to read a good book or two?

Even if you can only catch a few days of vacation or time-off this summer, how about curling up with a new book, either at home or in a vacation setting?

We have published a few different articles, blogs, and slideshows on books that nurses enjoy over the past few years. After we posted a slideshow on nursing books, we heard from plenty of nurses who told us, "We don't want to read nursing- or medically-related books when we relax. Here are suggestions for pleasure books." So we combined your suggestions with some of our own to provide summer reading recommendations for 2013!
Check out our slideshow and leave your comments or further recommendations below.

Summer Reading 2013: Recommendations from Medscape

About This Blog

In this blog by and for nurses, Susan B. Yox, the editor of the Medscape Nurses Web site, offers updates and commentary on the latest publications on the site. Reader comments, from nurses and others, are very welcome.
Poll: Do you believe that media portrayals of nurses (positive and negative) affect nursing as a profession? Yes|No|Not sure|

• Susan Yox
    Editorial Director, Medscape Nurses
    I'm a graduate of the Genesee Hospital School of Nursing in Rochester, New York (RN diploma) with a BS and MS in nursing and an EdD in Health Behavioral Sciences from the State University of New York at Buffalo (SUNYAB). I've worked as a hospital nurse, a university faculty member, and as a health educator in a managed care setting. I began working at Medscape when Medscape Nurses began in 1999.
Share This
Add this blog page to your favorite Social Media site.

All material on this website is protected by copyright, Copyright © 1994-2014 by WebMD LLC. This website also contains material copyrighted by 3rd parties.